Ads 468x60px

Monday, December 12, 2011

From the Community: Beat Boredom With This 40-Minute Treadmill Workout

Caught in a rut on the treadmill? FitSugar reader FitFabCities has created a 40-minute treadmill workout that is certain to get you excited about the gym again!
I'm not afraid to say it: I love the treadmill. I know, I know, my fellow runners out there probably gasp in horror at the thought of spending even 30 minutes "running but going nowhere," but I love it. I love staying dry, I love watching TV, and I really love being warm.
That said, I am willing to admit it can get a wee bit  boring if every time you hop on the old treadmill, you hit your regular three to five miles. Well that's why I love this workout; you'll be changing speeds, inclines, even directions every minute, so there is no chance you'll get bored. After all,  keeping your mind and body guessing is the best way to keep seeing results!
See this interval workout (and get a printable copy) after the break!
Here is how it works:
  • You'll warm up and alternate fast and medium running speeds every minute while also increasing your incline. Great treadmill bonus: you can add hills whenever you like.
  • Then you'll recover and move onto a section where you jog backwards and shuffle sideways on the treadmill. Tip: make sure you hold onto the arm rails until you get the hang of this exercise. (I loveit since it's great for toning the back of the legs and outer thighs).
  • Rest and catch your breath, then it's onto alternating sprints and recovery jogs.
The 40 minutes will fly by and if you're not already a treadmill convert, hopefully this workout will help you on your way! Happy running!
Printable 40 Minute Treadmill Workouthttp://www.fitsugar.com/40-Minute-Treadmill-Workout-20803882

No comments: